Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

There's something about a tail...

Well, it's been a week. And Fergus and Monkey have been having a jolly 'ole time. Fetch, hide-and-seek, tug, whipping around like a Tasmanian devil... Monkey's very long limbs make it doubly fun.

Here's some snapshots of their beautiful friendship.

Monkey's waving!

Into the lion's mouth...

Mmm...

Yes. Good times indeed.

This morning, Fergus and I were playing our regular game of fetch with Monkey. I throw him down the stairs or into a bedroom while applying my make-up. Beasty runs around trying to find Monkey, then brings him back to me. Before giving the toy up, he spends a few seconds whipping him around. Then he drops Monkey at my feet so I can throw him again. When Fergus is sick and tired of going up and down the stairs, he settles in for a nice long chew, as depicted in the pics above.

But today, I noticed that Fergus was fixating on Monkey's tail. It kind of looked like he was sucking on it like a pacifier. Which at first I thought was pretty cute. But then I realized that Fergus had made his way in for the kill.

Look closely... Do you see it?


Look even closer...


There it is. The distinctive first rip.... In Monkey's tail.

There's something about tails. He destroyed Senor Quackers in the same way. Went after the tail first. See...


I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Fergus doesn't have a tail. Maybe he has tail envy...

Well, it's only a matter of time before he loses interest entirely in playing with Monkey, and focuses only on expanding his destruction from the tail to the other delicious seams so that he can get at the stuffing inside....

Sigh....

I think we should just stick to indestructible tug ropes...

No comments:

Post a Comment